(Disclaimer: I received a FREE copy of this product through the HOMESCHOOL REVIEW CREW in exchange for my honest review. I was not required to write a positive review nor was I compensated in any other way.)
To know the truth about history is to know the foundational impact it had on the development of that nation. Here is the story of the The Hidden Message of the Great Seal How Foundational Truth From The Dawn Of Liberty May Rescue A Republic In Peril produced by The Hidden Message, LLC and the secrets it contains.
The mystery of history unfolded in this twenty-four chapters supplemental resource. A great way to explore a new historical perspective on a part of history often overlooked.
Incorporate as a unit study, student discussion starter, read aloud material or as personal enlightenment for uncovering truth within a republic.
Age recommendations are high school thru adult, unless modified extensively for elementary and middle grade students.
The length of detail this softcover book contains is slightly technical in wording and with comprehending the content, which is why higher grades would have more of an understanding.
Reading this myself, I became aware of the lack of accuracy when history is taught within a system. Most history books do not contain the kind of truthful information that Michael Kanis is presenting. And surprisingly this resource holds rare information most Americans have no knowledge of, as I did not.
Excerpt from The Hidden Message of The Great Seal
“The national seal of the Untied States of America is a treasure of immense significance. I had no idea when I began this research that I would uncover things about our national symbol that have not been discovered since their genesis.” ~Michael Kanis
A Few Interesting Historical Facts:
- In 2015 a time capsule was discovered in the corner of the Massachusetts State House. Hidden by Governor Samuel Adams 200 years prior, it contained coins from the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, newspapers, letters, and a silver plaque made by Paul Revere.
- The seal was produced by Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin and John Adams, the same men who had written the Declaration of Independence.
- A logo of a nation or seal is an expression of the identity of the people and beliefs held as a prerequisite to understanding the symbols.
- Divine Providence was highly revered for the establishment of the United States of America. God would be ever merited for being actively involved in all forms of this new nations government.
- Heraldry (complex system of rules and language developed 900 years ago) was used in creating the seal we know today. Words such as ‘gules’ or ‘escutcheon’ are both heraldic terms used in the transcript of the report by the founding fathers.
- Annuit Coeptis when translated from Latin means ‘We undertake what pleases God, or God is pleased with what we have begun to do.’ This phrase can be found on the back of the one dollar bill.
- There are four levels of meaning within the seal: freedom, unity, virtue and providence.
- Charles Thomson, finalized the seal in two weeks, because he had the fore knowledge from the very beginning when the seal was being designed.
“Good and evil are set before us, and our own wills must determine the choice. Such, indeed, are the infirmities of our nature, that without divine assistance we are unable to persevere in the paths of righteousness. This assistance, however, is graciously promised to those who sincerely desire it.” ~Francis Hopkinson
Note: What every American has learned about the pyramid which appears on the one dollar bill is a misconception, and I found it fascinating to read a part of this truth telling story.
The thirteen rows of the pyramid references the thirteen states and Franklin’s thirteen virtues: Self-restraint, Grace, Order, Self-Discipline, Stewardship, Hard Work, Truthfulness, Justice, Moderation, Cleanliness, Peacefulness, Morality and Humility.
Another moment of historical truth, for me, was when Michael makes a comparison between the Colonies and Israel. It was fascinating to read when America and Israel were both formed each nation had to leave slavery behind to become new.
Twenty-Four Chapters Listed: Introduction, Time Capsule, The Significance Of The Seal, Setting The Stage, A Tale Of Two Systems, Studying The Seal, How Could It Have Been Hidden So Long?, Charles Thomson, Francis Hopkinson, The Pyramid, Annuit Coeptis, Novus Ordo Secorlum, The Eye, The Early Designs Part I, Early Designs Part II, The Covenant, The Front Of The Seal, The Four Pillars, Virtue, Freedom, Providence, Unity, Unexpected Connections, Conclusion.
“Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom.” ~Benjamin Franklin
After reading The Hidden Message of the Great Seal How Foundational Truth From The Dawn Of Liberty May Rescue A Republic In Peril, we as a people have at our disposal a resource to guide us back to some important foundational truths.
So much hidden meaning was instilled into forming the United States of America and yet we have strayed far from the accuracy of its essence. No longer are we a nation under God with thirteen virtues to mitigate our governmental actions, but now our influences lie solely upon self-reliance.
The truth is being told we just need to have eyes to read it!